Little Rock –Work on Interstate 30 in Little Rock and North Little Rock involves weekly lane closures.
Weather permitting, the following travel impacts are expected to occur next week, beginning Monday, August 22. Double-lane closures on interstate lanes will generally be limited to 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. Traffic will be controlled by construction barrels and signage. Drivers should exercise caution when approaching and traveling through all work zones.
I-40 Weekend Closure (Friday, August 19 at 10 p.m. to Monday, August 22 at 5 a.m.)
- I-40 eastbound (full closure) at the I-30/I-40 interchange in North Little Rock; Closed to thru traffic; Detours signed to use I-430 south (Exit 147); to I-30 east (Exit 129A); to I-440 east (Exit 138A); Traffic will then return to I-40 (Exit 11).
See detour map NR 22-181-A for details. Traffic on I-40 westbound and I-30 will not be impacted by the closure in the interchange.
Daytime closures (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- I-30 frontage roads (single-lane closures) between 4th and 10th streets in Little Rock (6:30 a.m. start time)
- Broadway Street eastbound (single-lane closure) between the frontage roads in North Little Rock (9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
- Riverfront Drive (single-lane closures) between Washington Avenue and Olive Street in North Little Rock (7:00 a.m. start time)
Overnight closures (8 p.m. – 5 a.m.)
- I-30 (single- and double-lane closures) between Roosevelt Road in Little Rock and
I-40 in North Little Rock; includes a single-lane closure on the I-30 eastbound to
I-630 westbound ramp
- I-630 westbound on-ramp (full closure) between College Street and the Pedestrian Bridge in Little Rock
- I-30/I-40 lanes and ramps (single-lane closures) at the north terminal in North Little Rock
- I-30 frontage road (single-lane closure) between 4th and 10th streets in Little Rock (6 p.m. start time)
- I-630 eastbound ramp to I-30 eastbound (full closure) in Little Rock; ramp detour signed to exit to northbound frontage road
- Broadway Street eastbound (single-lane closure) between the frontage roads in North Little Rock (11 p.m. start time)
- Mahlon Martin (full closure) between President Clinton Avenue and 3rd Street in Little Rock; detours signed
- 6th Street bridge (full closure) for reconstruction in Little Rock; detours signed to use the 9th Street bridge or 3rd Street
- Sherman Street (full closure) between President Clinton Avenue and 2nd Street in Little Rock; detour signed to use River Market Avenue